Please note: Housing contracts are legally binding documents that obligate contract holders for the entire contract term.
Undergraduate Housing Contracts
Contracts for the Residence Halls, Arroyo Vista, and Campus Village are completed online and require payment of a $350 reservation fee. Log in to the Housing Gateway (link provided in contract offer email) to access your contract. Please note the completion deadline in your housing offer email, as the offer expires once the deadline is reached. Reservation fee must be paid for contract to be complete.
The Personal Information form is completed as part of the housing contract process. Indicate your preferences for community, theme, room-type, and roommate matching. Housing cannot guarantee that all preferences will be fulfilled.
- Prior to the contract's official start date, contracts may be canceled for any reason, but the contract holder will be assessed a cancellation fee.
- After the contract's official start date, approval for termination of the contract will only be granted for specific documented exceptions (e.g., graduation, withdrawal from the University, extreme financial hardship, etc.).
- Withdrawal from the University does not automatically cancel or terminate your housing contract.
Contact Student Housing for more information.
- A preference to live off-campus is not an accepted condition for contract termination without other grounds for an exception.
- Visit the Contract Cancellation page for further instructions and forms.
Graduate & Family Apartment Lease Agreements
Lease agreements for Graduate & Family Housing (Palo Verde, Verano Place, and Campus Village) are completed in paper form and require payment of a $150 security deposit and pro-rated first month's rent prior to move-in. Lease agreements are sent by U.S. Mail (or completed in person). Contact your assigned housing community if you have questions about your lease agreement.
Lease Agreement Termination
Requests to cancel or terminate your Lease Agreement are subject to administrative review. Contact your assigned housing community for more information.
American Campus Communities
Vista del Campo, VDC Norte, Camino del Sol, and Puerta del Sol administer their own housing leases.
Contact those communities for information.
2016-17 Sample Contracts/Lease Agreements
- Residence Halls
- Campus Village - Year Round
- Campus Village - Academic Year
- Arroyo Vista - Academic Year
- Campus Village Lease Agreement (Graduate)
- Palo Verde Lease Agreement
- Verano Place Lease Agreement
Forms and Disclosures
Need Help Submitting Your Contract?
Read the Contract FAQ
Still need help? Contact us at (949) 824-6811 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sample contracts and FAQ are in PDF format and requires Acrobat Reader to view.