2017-18 Guaranteed Housing Process
Application Window opens at 7 a.m. on November 18th
Who is Eligible?*
- Freshmen residents of on-campus communities who live on-campus during their entire first year
- Members of the Campuswide Honors Program
- Regents Scholars and Chancellor’s Excellence Scholars
*If you are not eligible for guaranteed housing, you may still apply to the 2017-18 housing waitlist (for AV and CV) when the application opens in April. American Campus Communities (VDC, VDC Norte, CDS, PDS) waitlist applications open in January. Please Note: Eligibility for undergraduate housing is limited to single students under 25 years of age. Check the "Where can I live?" page for more information on housing options.
What is the Guarantee?
Eligible students who apply within the guaranteed housing application window are guaranteed an offer of on-campus housing in one of the participating communities. Due to space limitations, applicants are not guaranteed housing in their preferred community or room/apartment type.
Applicants who fail to meet application or contract/lease submission deadlines forfeit their housing guarantee and may re-apply for housing when housing waitlist applications open (January for ACC communities and April for Arroyo Vista and Campus Village).
Which Housing Options are Included?
The guaranteed housing application asks students to rank order the following community options:*
* Demand for some communities often exceeds the number of available spaces
How Do I Apply?
Application Windows Opens -- 7 a.m. on November 18th
Please note: Due to the number of students logging in to the Housing Gateway when the application window opens, the system tends to run slowly for the first couple of hours. We will do all we can to minimize wait times, and we appreciate your patience.
Completing the Application
Housing applications are completed online via the Housing Gateway. The application will ask you to rank order your community preferences.
Application Windows Closes -- 12 noon on November 23rd
Please don't wait until the last minute to submit your application! You will not be able to submit your application after the deadline.
How Are Offers Made?
Housing community offers will be sent out starting on November 23rd. Offers will be made in application date/time order (according to applicant preferences) until all available spaces in the communities are filled. If we are not able to offer your highest ranked community, your second choice community will be offered (as long as space is available). If that community fills up, your third ranked community will be offered, etc.
What If I Don’t Want Housing in the Community I am Offered?
Students who decline their guaranteed housing offer may pursue housing in a waitlist process later in the academic year. Housing waitlist applications for American Campus Communities (VDC, VDC Norte, CDS, PDS) open in January, and the waitlist application for Campus Village and Arroyo Vista opens in April. Students interested in pursuing off-campus housing options will find listings on the Anteater Housing Network.
How Can I Request a Specific Roommate?
Roommate requests are not made at the time of application. Students who want to room together should apply as early and as close together as possible, and rank their community preferences in the same order. Once community offers have been made, students will have an opportunity to make roommate requests for others who have been offered the same community. More information on that process will be provided in winter quarter.
What Can I Do to Prepare?
- Research your housing options including lease terms, location, housing type, and costs.
- Talk to your parents about your options and the differences between them.
- Attend an Information Session! There will be four sessions offered in the first two weeks of November.
- Tuesday, November 1st, 7-8 PM in the Mesa Court Community Center (2nd floor, MPR)
- Thursday, November 3rd, 7-8 PM in the Arroyo Vista Community Center
- Monday, November 7th, 7-8 PM in Middle Earth Bucklebury Library
- Wednesday, November 9th, 7-8 PM in Pacifica Lounge, Campus Village Community Center
- Go on a housing tour at ACC Properties:
- Vista del Campo Norte, Camino del Sol, and Puerta del Sol will offer tours November 1st – 10th, 8 am - 10 pm
- Vista del Campo offers tours of a model apartment Monday - Friday, 10 am - 4 pm