Most students rely on cell/mobile phones for telephone communication, however, some on-campus communities still support "land lines" if you choose to set up service.

Setting up 'land line' service

Telephone wiring and outlets can be found in bedrooms and some apartment living room areas in some housing communities. Students may request telephone service activation from AT&T Residential.

Contact AT&T at:

877-7CAMPUS (877-722-6787)
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. or Saturday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.

How Do I Tell AT&T Which Port to Activate?

  • Arroyo Vista Residents – Provide your physical building address and room number.
  • Campus Village Residents – See the diagram below. Numbered outlets provide up to two individual phone lines. Un-numbered outlets provide the ability to have a single phone line throughout the apartment.
  • Mesa Court and Middle Earth Residents – Land lines no longer available.
  • Palo Verde and Verano Place – Each apartment has the ability to provide an individual phone line to each room or a phone line for the full apartment. Service to rewiring jacks for individual or full apartment service is provided by AT&T Residential.
Note: Products, services, and links on these pages to commercial Web sites do not represent endorsement by the University of California or its affiliates.

Port Numbers for Campus Village Residents

Campus Village Telephone Outlet Diagram


Electricity costs are included in monthly/quarterly housing payments for Arroyo Vista, Campus Village, Mesa Court, Middle Earth, and Verano Place (units 100 - 6528).

Palo Verde

Palo Verde residents must establish accounts for electricity with Southern California Edison

Verano Place

Verano Place residents in units 65000 - 69000 will be billed separately for electricity on their ZotAccount. They do not need to set up an account with Southern California Edison.

ACC Communities

ACC communities (Vista del Campo, VDC Norte, Camino del Sol, Puerta del Sol) provide electricity up to a cap, and residents are billed for use over and above that amount.

Internet & Cable TV

All of the on-campus housing communities provide basic cable TV access. For information on expanding your cable package, for policies, or for service issues, go to